Directions to the Ranch
Rocky Mountain Elk Ranch is nestled in the Big Hole Mountains of Southeast Idaho, overlooking Wright Creek and Canyon Creek between Rexburg and Driggs. We hunt on our own private land which borders the Targhee National Forest. Our lodge sits at approximately 7,000 feet above sea level and features the most spectacular views both inside and out. It’s in the middle of the hunting grounds so your adventure starts right out the front door. It also makes a perfect home base to come back to if you need to rest or warm up. At the end of a long hunt, everyone enjoys relaxing on our wrap-around deck as the day comes to a close.
You may choose to drive here or fly and rent a car. Airline service is available into Idaho Falls, ID or into Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Jackson airport is about 76 miles from the ranch and Idaho Falls is about 55 miles away.
1702 Elk Ridge Rd, Newdale, ID 83436 0 (don’t send your contracts or payments here)
(If you use a GPS, sometimes at the end it leads you up an abandoned rd. Use these directions after you turn onto Canyon Creek Rd. to ensure you find us ok)
957 N. 16th E. Sugar City, ID 83448 – (don’t go to this address for your hunt.)
Idaho Falls Airport-
1) Go south on N. Skyline Drive .8 miles.
2) Turn left onto Grandview Drive for .4 miles
3) Continue onto US-20 E 30.9 miles
4) Take exit 339 toward Hwy 33 E to Driggs/Jackson
5) From the exit ramp, turn right onto Hwy 33 and go 15.5 miles
6) Turn right at mile marker 116 onto North Canyon Creek Road (just after crossing the bridge) & go 1.7 miles.
7) Turn left onto Pony Creek Rd. (gravel rd)
8) In 500 feet the road forks, take the far right hand fork onto Elk Ridge Rd.
9) Follow the road a bit & take the first right, following along the south side of the trees. You will come to a gate. Be sure to shut and chain the gate behind you. Follow the gravel road up to the lodge.
Jackson Hole Airport-
1) Go east on Airport Road .3 miles
2) Turn right onto US-189/191/26/89. 8.7 miles
3) Turn right onto W. Broadway, 1.3 miles
4) Turn right onto WY-22 (crossing into ID it becomes
Hwy 33) 56.7 miles
5) Turn left at mile marker 116 onto Canyon Creek Road (before the bridge) & go 1.7 miles.
6) Turn left onto Pony Creek Rd. (gravel rd)
7) In 500 feet the road forks, take the far right hand fork onto Elk Ridge Rd.
8) Follow the road a bit & take the first right, following along the south side of the trees. You will come to a gate. Be sure to shut and chain the gate behind you. Follow the gravel road up to the lodge.